After seeing these plans featured on Design Dazzle from Knock Off Wood (yes, still on awe of her awesomeness) for a Playhouse Bed Loft, I was inspired. Remember the “castle” I made for my little princess here, here and here? Well, I wish I had all these for inspiration then!
For those of us who prefer duct tape to hammer and nails:
1. Aren’t the little heart accents on this house sweet? Love the handwritten/drawn instructions here on PrudentBaby.
2. Have a little Up fan in your life? Ohdeedoh points us to this wonderful source of inspiration by Mia of Piccolina Designs.
1. No cardboard boxes? How about foam board instead? See how here at Urban Craft. (PS about the UC post title, yeah my baby does too).
2. The, chimney, the arched window, the doorknob idea… love! See it all in this post at Cucicucicoo.
The only post I could find (via Aunt Jenny’s Toy Barn) back when I was trying to make a cardboard playhouse had simple plans here at Make Baby Stuff.
Carrie Grace at Cafe Mom has a funny story and an easy was to make another cardboard playhouse here.
Say Something Designs doesn’t seem to have these patterns in stock right now, but I bet you clevernesses could figure it out. Found via Inhabitots.
For the more adventurous of us (sighing in awe of you ~sigh~):
1. DIY Network has the complete step-by-step for this little house here.
2. Geekdad on Wired points to this collapsable playhouse. Flickr set by Shanecyr for DIY.
Buildeazy has the free plans for this Wendy playhouse along with real user images, like this one by Callum.
Instructables user Madhatter1138 used the Wendy house plans as inspiration for his “Jungle Cruise” playhouse. See the slideshow here.
For those of us with fur babies:
Martha Stewart has directions for this little kitty high rise here. (via Modern Cat)
Nerd Approved points us to these fantastic cat playhouses available for purchase from Suck UK.
And while you have all that cardboard out…
Yeah I know… This blew me away a little too. OK, a lot. See WhiMsy Love’s furniture silhouette post here. (via apartment therapy)